MAY 2021 : Weather and Nature
Part 1: Extreme weather (zoom)
Ask, « How’s the weather? » Review weather vocabulary.
Model sentence: I like sunny weather because I can go to the beach.
Look at extreme weather slideshow: https://www.nationalgeographic.org/activity/extreme-weather-on-our-planet/hat are the ingredients in… a tornado, a flood, a hurricane, a blizzard?
Model sentence: In a tornado there is a lot of wind. It is very cloudy and stormy.
GAMES TO PRACTISE VOCABULARY
Special Activity: Outdoor Treasure Hunt
1. __ What kind of shorts do clouds wear?
2. __ What’s a tornado’s favorite game?
3. __ What did one volcano say to the other volcano?
4. __ What bow can’t be tied?
5. __ What falls but never hits the ground?
6. __ How do hurricanes see?
7. __ What did the cloud say to the lightning bolt?
a. A rainbow!
b. The temperature!
c. You’re shocking!
f. With one eye!
g. I lava you!
Which joke do you prefer?
« Tornado in a bottle » craft.
Part 4: « I Lava You »
« I lava you » song gap fill, video etc
AVRIL 2021 :
– Continue ABC 123 song
– Easter Egg Hunt. Verbs: put, hide, look for, find
MARCH 2021 :
WEEK4 : FINISH SHAMROCK CRAFT
WEEK3 : BEGIN SHAMROCK CRAFT
ABC 123 song activities :abc-jackson5
WEEK 2 : Review vocab from before the holiday
– The legend of the leprechaun
– Prepositions of position: under, on, in, behind, in front of, between, next to
– Saint Patrick’s Day treasure hunt and writing activity : Find the pot of gold, the leprechaun, the rainbow, the shamrock and the green hat.saint-patricks-day-vocabulary-esl-picture-dictionary-worksheet-for-kids
FEBRUARY 2021 : PHYSICAL APPEARANCE
WEEK3 : Physical description and Music topic
– « Guess who » matching review gamephysical-description-choose
– Ordinal numbers – first, second, third. Listen to 3 songs: which song do you prefer? I prefer the first song / the second song / the third song.
WEEK2 : Physical appearance
– New vocabulary : curly/wavy/straight hair ; a beard / a goatee
– « Guess who » matching gamephysical-description-match-the-names-with-the-pictures
– Drawing activity: listen and draw the character. Who is it? Whose drawing looks most like the character?
WEEK1 : Personal Descriptions writing practice and review
Write a description of a character from the « Guess Who » game.
Put all the descriptions in a box. Draw one description and read it out loud. The class must guess who it is.
« Hangman » game with clothing and personal description vocabulary.
JANUARY 2021 : WINTER & NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS
WEEK4 – in person : Describing people
Introduce new vocabulary for describing people and clothes.
Play « guess who! » in pairs.
Is it a girl/boy?
Does he/she have … a hat/glasses/a big nose/blue eyes/ blond hair/ dark hair/brown hair/long hair/short hair… ?
Is he/she wearing… a dress/a skirt/a sweater/a hat/boots/pants/shorts?
Is he bald?
Is it… Melvin?
Describing movie characters: Clips from Aladdin and Cinderella
WEEK3 – in person : Winter time
« winter clothes » vocabulary review games:
– Relay race- rock paper scissors
Points for complete sentences only: « I wear … » or « I don’t wear … »
Video: « Three little kittens » https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6X2wJ6L0SY
Reading practice: read each sentence and decide who said it, the mother or the kittens? Then perform the play!
WEEK2 – in person : Winter time
– Song, Questions, ‘Leader’ activity
– Warm-up: which word doesn’t fit? (and why?)
o Boots, scarf, sunglasses
o T-shirt, shorts, coat
– Present new verb: « To Wear » (in present)
– Write: Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter on the board
o In pairs (each pair is assigned one season): DRAW or WRITE clothes we wear in spring, summer, autumn, winter (1 point for a drawing, 2 points for a word, 3 points for a complete sentence)
– Vocabulary games
WEEK1 – KELSEY’S CLASSES : NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS
Winter vocab review
Happy new year! Listening practice: « Kids Share Adorable New Year’s Resolutions » : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3687xlRNOdI– Exercises for the video (attached)- What’s your resolution for 2021? Write a sentence and draw a picture.
NOVEMBER 2020 : FOOD & DRINKS
Songs: Snack Time and Let’s make a pizza
Crafts/Games/Activities: Favorite pizza toppings graph; Food board game; Make a pizza contest
Sort food vocab into the following categories fruit, vegetables, meat, drinks, desserts
A/an, Some, a little, a lot of
Do you have any… ?
Do you like… ?
What’s your favorite… ?
DECEMBER: Holidays and Celebrations
Songs: Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer; We wish you a merry Christmas;
Crafts/Activities: Rudolph gap fill, Reindeer “guess who?”, Christmas crackers, advent calendar; holiday jokes
Rudolph lyric video:
ANSWERS FOR RUDOLPH ACTIVITY :
1st row: laugh (rire), sleigh (traineau), shouted (a/ont crié)
2nd row: Santa (Père Noël), recall (se rappeler/souvenir), reindeer (renne)
3rd row: foggy (brumeux/avec du brouillard), nose (nez), game (jeu)
Super Simple Songs « JINGLE BELLS » :
Review verb TO HAVE
Flashcard games about Christmas.
Who am I? Game with Christmas vocabulary.
More resources :
Christmas quizzes, games and jokes :
Remember how to use « to be » (you can watch it during the holidays 😉 ) :
SOME BEAUTIFUL CHRISTMAS STORIES FOR KIDS :